Many of you have asked for a Quilt As You Go workshop…. and here it is! I (Vanessa) will be teaching you all one quick and super easy way of making a log cabin inspired mini quilt using one quilt as you go method.
This method lends itself nicely for placemats, mug rugs, table runners and even baby quilts. For purposes of this workshop we will be working on a small 10″ x 10″ finished quilt. You will have the choice of being precise with your patchwork or making your seams a little wonky for a more modern mini quilt.
With this quilt as you go method you don’t actually see any quilting lines on the front. They only show up on the back. We won’t have time to bind this quilt at this workshop but it will be fully completed except for the binding.
-Please be ready to go by 7:15pm. We only have until 8:30pm to be in and out of the library meeting room.
-Bring the following supplies:
– extension cord
– sewing machine
– walking foot, if you have one (optional)
– One 12″ x 12″ square of backing fabric
– Assorted fabric strips measuring 12″ x any width you want
– One 12″ x 12″ square piece of batting
– Thread, basting spray (optional)
– Rotary cutter and small mat