Just thought I would pass this along in case any of you were interested. There are only a few days left for the deadline but that is still plenty of time since the first step is just a photo submission for consideration.
International Quilt Festival will feature quilts in a special exhibit, The Modern Quilt Guild Showcase.
This exhibit will premiere at International Quilt Market and Festival, October 31-November 3, 2013. They would also like to retain the quilts for possible exhibit at our spring and summer editions of Festival.
Members from any of the Modern Quilt Guilds around the world are invited to be considered for inclusion in the new exhibit.
You may submit a total of two (2) quilts for our consideration. We require that quilts be at least 36” on each side.
• There is no maximum size limit.
• There is no “made after” date requirement.
• Completed submissions with visuals must be received online by April 26, 2013.
• You will be notified no later than May 24, 2013, regarding the quilts to be included in this exhibit along with shipping instructions.
• If selected, the quilts will need to arrive in Houston no later than August 30, 2013.
• Quilts will be returned by the end of November 2013 if the quilt does not travel, or arrangements may be made to have a quilt picked up at the conclusion of the show.
• If you agree to allow your quilt to travel (assuming the exhibit is chosen to travel to other shows), your quilt will be returned by the end of August 2014.
There are some specific instructions that must be followed as it relates to the images of the quilt(s) you are submitting for consideration. Please CLICK HERE for all those details to make sure you do it correctly.
If you are considering submitting one (or more) of your modern quilts for consideration in this exhibit CLICK HERE for a sample registration form just so you can see what is required of you for meeting the submission deadline this Friday, April 26, 2013 at midnight CDT. It’s not that much and you still have plenty of time to get those submissions in!